How To Do Local SEO for Businesses Without Physical Locations in 2021.
“My business makes local deliveries, but doesn’t have a shopfront. How do I handle listings management?”
“I work from home. How should I be doing local SEO?”
“Are there any tips for doing local SEO for clients that serve all customers virtually?”
These Questions sound familiar?
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free
- Once you’re logged it should take you through the creation process automatically if not then you’ll be sent to manage locations if you’re not already in manage locations click on it found on the right-hand menu
- Now click add a location and begin to follow the prompts
- You will eventually be prompted to add a location, this is where you MUST select “No”
- Next, you will be asked which areas you serve your customers in, feel free to add as many locations as you like.
- Now follow the rest of the prompts and fill in all the details about your business as usual
- Click the “Submit” button. This will take you to the verification page.
- You will need to submit a physical address at this point but this will not be displayed on Google’s front end
- You can then verify your account via Post Card, Call or Text to get the code
- Once you have the code add it into the verification code field and click verify
- If accepted your listing could be live in Google Search and Google Maps
Are you looking to promote your business?
Business owners can create a free business listing on GMB. The more information you provide about your business, the easier it will be for your customers to find you online. Registering with GMB is easy.If you need help, drop me a line here.