Date of Last Review: 03 April 2012
THIS WEB SITE SUBSCRIBES TO AND COMPLIES WITH THE VOLUNTARY PRIVACY PRINCIPLES CONTAINED IN THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS ACT 25 OF 2002.
“this web site” means www.manfredk.com
“user” means any person accessing any part of the web site
Collection of personal data
2. Where personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) is submitted to the site by the user (e.g. through sending an e-mail) the following principles are observed in the handling of that information:
a. This web site collects, processes and stores only such personal information regarding users as is necessary to provide the services offered. The specific purpose for which information is collected is apparent from the context in which it is requested.
b. This web site will not use the personal information submitted for any other purpose other than the efficient provision of services, including this web site, without obtaining the prior written approval of the user or unless required to do so by law.
c. This web site will keep records of all personal information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a period of one year from the date on which it was last used.
d. This web site will not disclose any personal information regarding a user to any third party unless the prior written agreement of the user is obtained or the web site is required or permitted to do so by law.
e. If information is released with the users consent this web site will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release, for a period of one year.
f. This web site will destroy or delete any personal information which has become obsolete.
3. Note that, as permitted by the ECT Act, this web site may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes and trade in these profiles. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
Collection of anonymous data
4. In order to provide the best possible service, this web site uses standard technology to collect information about the use of this site. This technology is not able to identify individual users but simply allows this web site to collect statistics.
5. This web site utilizes temporary or session cookies that collect the first level domain name of the user. This means that if your e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, the cookie will collect the “email.com” part of the address.
Cookies are small pieces of information sent to the users browser and stored on the users hard drive. Temporary or session cookies expire and are deleted when your browser is closed.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to personally identify users.
If necessary users can alter the manner in which their browser handles cookies.
Links to other web sites
7. While reasonable measures are taken to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to this site, this web site can not under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by a user or users as a result of the intentional or accidental release of information by an employee or any third party.