What is a QR Code and how does it work?
The quick response, or QR, Code is a two-dimensional version of the Barcode able to convey a wide variety of information almost instantly with the scan of a mobile device.
Able to store up to 7089 digits or 4296 characters, including punctuation marks and special characters, the Code can equally encode words and phrases such as internet addresses. One thing to always keep in mind, especially when it comes to designing the Static QR Codes aesthetic is that the more data is added, the more the size increases and its structure becomes more complex.
Even when damaged, the QR Code’s structure data keys include duplication. It is thanks to these redundancies that allow up to 30% of the Code structure to take damage without affecting its readability on scanners.
QR Codes could be the Future?
Create a feedback QR code for any industry, product, or service to open up a two-way communication channel with your customers and get reviews. Do you have a restaurant with food and drink you would like to get feedback on? How about a Hotel or Holiday Accommodation Villa?
Make a feedback QR code in minutes that could be used again and again to improve the guest experience. Since these are dynamic QR codes, you can modify the feedback questions if you want to in the future or leave them the same way for as long as the feedback is working for you.
1. Choose the right type of QR code. Here are some suggestions:
- URL QR Codes – perfect for sharing website content or sending customers directly to a booking or reservations page. Ideal to provide value added Information for your Guests.
- Social Media QR Codes – ideal for restaurants, spas, and hotels aiming to increase the number of followers on their social media accounts.
- Feedback QR Codes – great for placing a QR code in a lobby, key card, or receipt so customers can rate in-house customer service experiences or how much they liked individual food, beverages, and spa services.
- Email QR Codes – fantastic for questions regarding customer service or reservation and appointment changes.
- SMS QR Codes – amazing for information that is necessary in an already prewritten SMS message. This code works everywhere as it requires no internet connection. Great for requesting cleaning services or reporting issues in the room to the management.
- vCard QR Codes – the easiest way for concierges, sales representatives, spa staff (like manicurists, hair stylists, masseuses, and aestheticians), or management to share their personal contact details by placing a QR code on their business cards.
- Plain QR Codes – best for making discount codes for seasonal or limited-time promotions. These codes are static and cannot be changed.
- Image QR Codes – amazing for giving a virtual gallery of hotel and resort amenities with a CTA button to a room booking page in addition to your website.
- PDF QR Codes -amazing for providing a lot of information in a PDF that can be stored in a mobile phone.