If you are a business owner with a website and a brick & mortar shop with a physical location, you can increase your Google visibility for free by adding your business to Google Places.
Google Places is simply Google’s method of allowing companies to register information about their physical shop. Google then uses this information in a variety of ways to boost your business’s online presence. Here are some examples:
- A search on Google for “Cyprus Real Estate.” Notice the map and the local real estate agencies that list next to it — these are businesses that have added their info to Google Places.
- A search for “Toys” on Google Product Search. Depending on your physical location, you will often see “X nearby” near the price of some products. This informs users about locally available products via Google Places information.
- A search for “protaras water sports” on Google Services Search. Depending on your physical location, Google will list Service Industries near you.
- Many other places within the Google properties
If you do not have the technical know-how nor the time or inclination to add your business to Google Places yourself we can add your business to Google Places for a one-time LOW fee (Request Quote). However, instructions on how to add it yourself, for free, are below.
- Ideally, be in a location where you are able to answer your main business phone number (will be used for verification).
- Visit this website: www.google.com/local/add/businessCenter
- Sign in with a google account. If you don’t have one, you can create a google account for free.
- Enter your country and phone number and click “Find business information.”
- You may find that your business is already listed. If so, simply click edit and you can continue.
- Now either fill out, or verify, all of the information regarding your business on the page.
- The more information you specify, the better.
- At a minimum, fill out the “Basic Information” section as completely as possible.
- Near the bottom of the “Basic Information” area you will want to add as many categories as you can think of (5 max). As you type the category, Google will suggest what to use. You should go with Google’s suggestion if possible as this will be more standard. Then click “add another category” to add up to five. For example, if you sell outdoor gear, you might have categories set to:
- “Outdoor Sports Store”
- “Sporting Goods Store”
- “Camping Store”
- Continue filling out information including your store hours and payment options. You should also upload an image of your storefront and an image of your logo as well. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can even upload a video that talks about your business and/or products.
- Finally, you should add as many “Additional Details” as you can. Specifics on this section can be found here. If you sell outdoor gear, you might have your Additional Details set as follows:
- Parking availability: Free, Street
- Brands: North Face, Patagonia, …
- Services: Sales, Repairs
- Finally click Submit, and validate your listing. If you are able to answer your main business phone choose the “By phone” option and expect a verification call shortly. If you are not near your business phone, choose the by “By postcard” option. For either method, Google will provide you with a PIN (by phone, or by mail). Write this number down and enter it in your Google Places account.
Congratulations, your Google Places account is now setup. This should provide you with an extra traffic boost for both your physical and virtual stores.
Having trouble? We can put your business on Google Places for a one-time LOW fee. Please request a NO OBLIGATION QUOTE for more details or to get started today!